Board logo

标题: [乡村] Alex Call And Lisa Carrie -- Passion And Purpose[2009] [打印本页]

作者: 种子    时间: 2009-1-20 19:02     标题: Alex Call And Lisa Carrie -- Passion And Purpose[2009]

QUOTE:

This album was built using Quint's lyrics and ideas from Quint's book Hardwiring Excellence. Alex Call, best known for the iconic 867-5309/Jenny lyrics, wrote fourteen songs. He let each of Quint's lyrics suggest a musical style. Drop Dead Gorgeous is a swampy New Orleans groove. I thought You Knew and Back in the Race suggest the Eagles and Jackson Browne. Good Addiction, Foreigner and Robert Palmer, You're Committed to Another Man, I found me, and I Can Start a Fire, show Alex's old-time R&B schooling. The essential song may be The Calling, which speaks of the journey of all those who are drawn to make a difference with their life's work.
                           It was Lisa Carrie, a professional vocalist that made a name for herself singing with country-pop stalwarts Eddy Arnold and Mickey Gilley, that created the team of Quint, Alex and Lisa. Alex and Lisa pulled some of the most talented musicians in Nashville together to make the recordings. Alex sang the lead vocals and Lisa put her magic into each song with her voice, passion, and talent.
                     Just as they started recording the album, Lisa was diagnosed with breast cancer. Everything in Lisa and Alex's life had suddenly changed. It was difficult news, especially for parents of a five-year-old boy. But instead of knocking the project off course, the diagnosis gave making the record take on a deeper meaning. Lisa said that as she recorded the vocals, she felt as if some of these songs were written about her journey. Lisa, Alex, and Quint were filled with an even greater passion and purpose and the desire to make a difference.
                   Quint, Lisa, and Alex hope this music touches you with a few tears, some laughs, lots of gratitude, and a shared belief that we can make the world a better place through our love and commitment.

01. I Can Start A Fire   
  02. The Calling
  03. You're Committed To Another Man
  04. If I Was Superman
  05. I Thought You Knew
  06. Drop Dead Gorgeous
  07. I'm Back In The Race
  08. Your Love Is A Good Addiction
09. If Only
  10. I Found Me
  11. 15 Minutes Of Fame
  12. Time To Live